UPDATE 1/10/2021 - Megan Nicole Photography LLC is available by appointment only. I have continued all safety measures listed below. I have updated to include information regarding the statewide mask mandate. I also am only scheduling appointments and sessions to take place in my studio with 24-48 hours in between to ensure I have enough time to thoroughly clean in between clients coming to the studio.
UPDATE - 3/24/2020 - Megan Nicole Photography LLC will be closed due to a stay at home order currently in place and effective until 5/1/2020. All sessions that were scheduled during March/April will be rescheduled once the restrictions are lifted. I will still be booking new/future sessions beyond May - so feel free to reach out for a gift card or future bookings! Stay safe and healthy!
I'm sure by now you are in the loop about the concerns with COVID-19 or Coronavirus. The safety of your newborns, children, and family are a top priority here. So I felt it was necessary to provide some information about how this impacts my studio and precautions that I'm taking to keep you and your families safe during this time. I hope you find this information helpful and puts your mind at ease.
I have always had precautions in place to help prevent spread of germs in my studio and ramp those up during flu season. However, I plan to take some additional steps to make sure you and your family are safe and that my family remains safe too.
What is currently in place:
- After each session, the studio is thoroughly cleaned. Every backdrop, wrap and prop your baby/child touches is washed/sanitized and any gowns that are worn are washed.
- All surfaces are wiped with disinfectant wipes.
- Fabric materials (flokatis, stuffers) that cannot be washed are run through the dryer on high heat for at least 30 minutes.
UV Germicidal Lamp
- Before and after each session, I run a UV germicidal lamp in my studio for an hour. A germicidal lamp is a special type of lamp which produces ultraviolet (UVC) light. This short-wave ultraviolet light disrupts DNA base pairing causing formation of pyrimidine dimers and leads to the inactivation of bacteria, viruses, and protozoa.
Hand washing and sanitation
- Hand-washing is done before and after each session and hand sanitizer is kept out in the shooting area at all times.
- I ask that clients disclose if their child or anyone coming to the studio if they have had a fever, vomiting, or symptoms/diagnosis of a contagious illness in the last 48 hours prior the session. Clients coming to the studio must be free of a fever (without medicine intervention) for at least 48 hours and vomit free for at least 48 hours prior to coming to my studio. The session will be rescheduled once you are symptom free. I follow the same rule for myself and will reschedule if I have any of those symptoms.
Steps I will take going forward:
- Running the UV germicidal lamp throughout the week whether or not a session has occurred.
- Clients must remove their shoes once inside and leave them at the doorway.
- I will ask that clients wash their hands immediately after arriving and use hand sanitizer. I suggest that you also wash hands prior to leaving.
- Continuation of sick policy - In an effort to keep everyone who visits the studio safe and healthy, please make sure all members attending the session are free from any illness. If your session needs to be rescheduled due to illness, please contact me as soon as possible. There is no fee to reschedule.
- I am monitoring my temperature regularly before sessions. I ask that clients check their temperature before coming to the studio.
- I do keep gloves on hand at the studio. If you would prefer that I wear these during the session, please let me know and I would be happy to do so.
- As you know, the state of Indiana has a mask mandate in place. It is required that I and my clients wear a mask in my studio. You will be allowed to take off your mask when I'm actively taking photos of you and your family.
Personally and my family:
We are taking all necessary precautions and following recommendations by the CDC and local authorities to ensure we do not come in contact with anyone who is ill. We are all current on our vaccinations.
If you need to reschedule or discuss alternate options for your upcoming sessions - please contact me.