What an amazing year!
2021 is wrapping up - and we are all about an hour away from welcoming a new year. This past year has been amazing! So much growth as a business and photographer. Here are some fun highlights from this year:
- I started offering printed products. I have absolutely loved seeing my art printed out and helping clients fill their homes with beautiful memories.
- I traveled to Iowa for a newborn workshop and learned so much from The Newborn Nerds. If you are a photographer looking to learn more about newborn photography, definitely recommend their workshop.
- I hosted my first word breastfeeding week mini session event!
- I had several images selected for publication between The Storyteller Magazine and Golden Exposure Magazine
- I completely sold out on my Christmas Truck Minis! This was my first time offering this type of mini session and you guys were all over the Christmas Truck theme. Thank you to everyone that booked or shared my posts about them!
- I shot a total of 70 sessions. That breaks down to:
- 1 senior session
- 1 company headshot session
- 1 high school graduation ceremony
- 1 gender reveal
- 1 engagement
- 8 maternity sessions
- 9 milestone sessions
- 10 family sessions (full session - not minis)
- 15 newborn sessions (most newborns I've had in one year and am in love with this!!!!)
- 23 mini sessions
- In mid-late summer I decided it was time to make the jump from shooting in my home studio and move things to a commercial space. In November, I finally found a space and signed a lease!
- On Dec 30th, I got the keys to my new studio! Can't wait to move in!
Time for some favorites from 2021!
So many amazing sessions this year! Let's take a look back at some of my favorites!
It's really hard to for my to pick some favorites for newborn sessions because all of the babies are so cute! But here are some favorites from the newborns I shot this year!
I'm combining my mini sessions into this category because most of my mini sessions are with families. I got to meet so many new families this year!
Love a good baby bump at a session! And when I get to meet the little human that was growing inside that belly after!
Milestones / Kids
Never short on adorable kids in front of my camera!
And there were dogs this year too!
Second Overall Favorite Session this Year
Since I became a mother, I have always wanted to do a breastfeeding photo shoot event. Well, last minute I finally put together a free mini session event for local mamas that are breastfeeding to celebrate world breastfeeding week. It was beautiful and I can't wait to do it again next year!
Top Overall Favorite Session this Year
I spotted this random field down the street from my house one day and just absolutely had to do a session there. I love capturing motherhood and the sweet moments between mom and her little ones. This session was totally last minute, a model session and we went for a more styled look and I'm in love with how it all came together. That field was soooo dreamy!